Monday, July 4, 2011

Wynn

If you missed it, here is a recap of my Las Vegas Trip:

Since we were up late the night before, my friends and I woke up at checkout time - YIKES!  We literally jumped out of bed, got ready, and packed within 40 minutes.  Once we checked out we headed to the Cosmopolitan hotel which is located right next to Vdara. las vegas 535

The Cosmopolitan is a nice hotel which exudes a lot of glitz and glamour, but I personally didn't think it was all that it is made out to be. 
las vegas 536

I prefer hotels that are classy and elegant, and the Cosmo seem to lack the elegance I was hoping for.  Regardless, it is suppose to have really trendy rooms so I would love to stay here someday.
las vegas 539



We soon headed up to the North-Strip for brunch at the Wynn
las vegas 544

RESTAURANT REVIEW: WYNN BRUNCH BUFFET
las vegas 558 las vegas 561
 
LOCATION
3131 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89109
702.770.3463
(North-Strip @ Wynn)

MENU: Wynn Buffet.
COST: $$$
CUISINE: Buffets
RECOMMENDED TO: Casual Dining, Kid Friendly, Groups.

The Wynn is most famous for its buffet so I just had to check it out.  There was a pretty long line for this buffet, but it was sooooooo worth the wait. 
las vegas 565 las vegas 566 

The Cheese Area was my favorite…
las vegas 568

The Asian Food area…
las vegas 575

Here is my first serving... I know it seems less, but pace yourself. 
las vegas 570

I start off my buffet type meals by trying a little bit of everything first and then go back for more.  Here is my second serving…
las vegas 577

My absolute favorite items were the:
Butternut Squash Risotto - just trust me on this, it was phenomenal.  I ate this as my meal and as my dessert.
Mashed Potatoes - they were so creamy and smooth, they simply melted in my mouth... YUM!
Flavored Indian Basmati Rice - Yes, the Indian Basmati Rice at the Wynn was delicious, even better than most Indian restaurants.  There were some slivered almonds and fresh cilantro, and I couldn't figure out what else. 
The Cheese Buffet - I got like 3 different servings of cheese and crackers, so simple, yet so delicious!
Italian Food - the Rigatoni with Onions and Bell Peppers was spectacular.

Here are the desserts...
las vegas 582
las vegas 583

Here is my serving.  Most of the dessert was average or below average, however the only dessert that really stood out to me were the Creme Puffs.  I had some Coffee on the side.
las vegas 588

VERDICT for Wynn Brunch Buffet: 4 / 5
Typically when you eat at a buffet, don't expect every single dish to be amazing, however the overall quality of the food at Wynn was exceptionally good.  My only issue with this buffet were the desserts, although the desserts looked pretty, hot, and tempting, they were average and most of them were below average.  That was a huge letdown for me considering how much I love sweets.

The service here was very good, the waiters and waitresses were all very friendly and accommodating.  The Wynn Buffet is a must-do when you visit Las Vegas.  If cost is an issue, consider dining here for Breakfast/Lunch on a weekday which is about $20 per person.  Weekday Dinners and Weekend Brunch prices are on the higher side.  The good thing with Brunch is you can experience both breakfast and lunch items.  Smart, huh?  Nonetheless, next time I'm in Vegas, I'm definitely going for the Wynn Lunch Buffet because I don't really love breakfast buffets.    



After the buffet we scoped the Wynn... it is a really pretty hotel.
las vegas 594 
las vegas 598

We then walked over to the Venetian which was gorgeous.  Is this what Venecia is like?  Until I go to Venice, this is my Venice!
las vegas 601 
las vegas 615

And here is Tao Restaurant & Nightclub - definitely check this out if you are visiting Vegas, I think the music at Tao would be a lot better than XS and Surrender nightclubs, but again, it depends on what you like.  I like to hear a variety of music at a club.  Unfortunately I missed Tao since I was short on time and I've been to Tao in NYC, but definitely next time.
las vegas 623

We headed to the airport...  and here I was flying over Las Vegas.
las vegas 625

Looking back, it was a fun weekend filled with great food, excellent lodging, lots of laughter, stories, and most importantly, memories with great friends!las vegas 638


TELL ME: Have you tried the Wynn Buffet?  If so, what did you think?  What about Tao Nightclub?  Thoughts?

 
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment